While Disney may not encourage you to eat like the Beast, they are proud to announce that you can eat in his castle at the soon to be opened Be Our Guest Restaurant.
This eatery is part of the new Fantasyland Expansion and will be opening on November 19, 2012.
Guests will eat in one of three scenes from the classic movie: the West Wing, the Rose Gallery or the Ballroom. Each room will be decorated with all the attention to detail that guests have come to expect from Disney over the years from chandeliers, falling snow and life size representations of the Beast himself as well as Belle.
The restaurant itself is counter service during lunch and table service at night.
The menu is inspired by the movie and includes:
- Tuna Niçoise salad
- Croque Monsieur sandwich with carved ham, Gruyere cheese, béchamel and pommes frites (French fries)
- Carved turkey on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise
- Grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread
- Braised pork
- Vegetable quiche
- Quinoa, shallot and chive salad.
- Charcuterie plate with cured meats and sausages, mussels steamed in white wine
- French onion soup
- Potato leek soup
- Salad with champagne vinaigrette
- Salad trio with three mini tastes of roasted beet, raisins and orange; green beans, tomatoes and roasted shallots; and watermelon, radish and mint.
- Thyme-scented pork rack chop with au gratin pasta
- Rotisserie rock hen with roasted fingerling potatoes
- Pan-seared salmon in leek fondue
- Grilled strip steak with pommes frites
- Sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce
- Oven-baked ratatouille
- Cupcakes – Strawberry cream cheese or Triple chocolate
- Chocolate cream puff and a Passion fruit cream puff.
Kids 9 and under will have their own menus:
- Carved turkey sandwich
- Roasted pulled pork
- Mickey meatloaf
- Seared mahi mahi
- Whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella
- Grilled steak
- Grilled fish of the day
- Whole-grain macaroni
You can reserve your spot now by calling 407-WDW-Dine but a credit card is required. The credit card will not be charged at this time though. It is just to secure your spot. Cancellations that are not made the day before reservations will be charged a $10 per person fee.
Online reservations will not be available until August 22, 2012.